Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central

От Tom Dunstan
Тема Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
On 5 April 2013 01:52, Stephen Nelson <stephen@eccostudio.com> wrote:

On 4 Apr 2013 13:12, "Dave Cramer" <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

> However it appears maven forces
>
> org/postgresql/postgresql/postgresql-JDBC4-1002.jar

From a Maven developers point of view they're not worried about the directory structure as they just specify group id, artifact id and version in the pom.xml. So you just need to come up with reasonable parameters for each of those.

The existing artefacts in maven central have a group id of "postgresql",  an artefact id of "postgresql" and a version format of "9.1-901-1.jdbc4". See e.g. http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22postgresql%22%20AND%20a%3A%22postgresql%22

Is there a particular reason to change the all of that at this point? I know I personally would probably have made the group "org.postgresql" and the artefact id "jdbc-driver" and maybe specified the jdbc version as a classifier (although some build systems are a bit funny about classifiers). But people have been using the existing group and artefact id, so I don't see much point changing it now.

Cheers

Tom

Сообщение: Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central
Сообщение: Re: Publish artifacts to Maven central