Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4

От Shirley Wang
Тема Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4
Дата
Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4  (Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>)
Список pgadmin-hackers
It's less about implementing what's easy, and more about implementing what we know for sure will provide user value.

Given that in the expression you used, the variables 'a' and 'b' have undefined values, there's still a chance that we're missing a large chunk of context for successful implementation.

Could you explain what 'a' and 'b' represent?
Where would users find values for 'a' and 'b'? (are they columns?)
What is the use case for partitioning by (a+b)/2?
How frequently will people partition this way?

It's possible to design for the range and list partitions and know we can achieve success because we understand how users would go through this workflow. Not sure about expressions.

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4
Сообщение: Re: [pgadmin-hackers] Declarative partitioning in pgAdmin4