Connection queuing by connection pooling libraries

От Saurav Sarkar
Тема Connection queuing by connection pooling libraries
Дата
Список pgsql-general

Hi All,

A basic question on handling large number of concurrent requests on DB.

I have a cloud service which can get large of requests which will obviously trigger the db operations.

Every db will have some max connection limit which can get exhausted on large number of requests.

I know db connection pooling can be used to reuse the connections but it will not help when there are large number of active concurrent connections. My queries are already optimised and short living.

For that i need some queuing mechanism like pgbouncer for postgres https://www.percona.com/blog/2021/02/26/connection-queuing-in-pgbouncer-is-it-a-magical-remedy/

pgbounder i understand is a proxy which needs to be separately installed on the web or db server.

I was thinking if the normal client side db connection pooling libraries like Apache DBCP , can also provide similar connection queuing while running in the application runtime.

Or is there some other way to handle this problem ?

Best Regards,

Saurav