Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser

От Jacob Champion
Тема Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
Дата
Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Mar 25, 2024 at 4:02 PM Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> Well, what's the alternative? The current parser doesn't check stack depth in frontend code. Presumably it too will
eventuallyjust run out of memory, possibly rather sooner as the stack frames could  be more expensive than the
incrementalparser stack extensions.

Stack size should be pretty limited, at least on the platforms I'm
familiar with. So yeah, the recursive descent will segfault pretty
quickly, but it won't repalloc() an unbounded amount of heap space.
The alternative would just be to go back to a hardcoded limit in the
short term, I think.

--Jacob

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: WIP Incremental JSON Parser
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: session username in default psql prompt?