Re: Packaging request - pgvector

От Bradford Boyle
Тема Re: Packaging request - pgvector
Дата
Список pgsql-pkg-debian
On Wed, Apr 12, 2023 at 5:33 PM Paul De Audney <pdeaudney@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello maintainers,
>
> Thank you for all the work you do maintaining the packages.
>
> I was wondering what is the correct way to make a packaging request for https://github.com/pgvector/pgvector?
>
> The yum repo has this already packaged, is there any shared infrastructure/packaging targets between the packaging
formats/repos?

> Kind regards,
>
> Paul

Hi Paul,

I'm not a member of the PostgreSQL Debian packaging team and my
knowledge comes from looking at the various package repos and the code
for pgapt -- it's entirely possible that my knowledge is incorrect.
With that said, my understanding of how the PostgreSQL APT repo is
populated is that it takes upstream packages from Debian unstable and
rebuilds source and binary packages for all supported Debian and
Ubuntu distributions. The first step would be to prepare a Debian
package for pgvector and submit it for inclusion in Debian unstable.
Once that is done, a job can be added to pgapt to populate the repo
with rebuilds of this package.

I just checked and it doesn't look like there is an existing package
for pgvector, nor is there an intent to package (ITP) in the Debian
bug tracking system (BTS). I can help with creating a Debian package
for pgvector and preparing a patch for pgapt, but I'd need a Debian
developer to sponsor the upload to unstable and someone with commit
privileges to pgapt. If there's no objection, I can take a first pass
at this over the weekend.

-- Bradford