replication requires redundant rule in pga_hba?

От Wells Oliver
Тема replication requires redundant rule in pga_hba?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
It seems like the following is redundant:

host          all         all              0.0.0.0/0    md5
hostnossl     replication replicationuser  0.0.0.0/0    md5

The first one allows either SSL or non SSL to all users for all DBs from any address via MD5. Good for everything, no? Yet if I remove the second line, I see a bunch of:

FATAL:  no pg_hba.conf entry for replication connection from host 10...., user "replicationuser", SSL off

Why is this? What am I missing?

--
Wells Oliver
wellsoliver@gmail.com