Re: migrating data from an old postgres version

От Melvin Davidson
Тема Re: migrating data from an old postgres version
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 10:34 AM, Willy-Bas Loos <willybas@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, Jul 15, 2016 at 4:31 PM, Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
Remember you can reconstitute a plain format dump from a custom format dump by doing:

pg_restore ... -f plain_sql.txt custom_dump.out

Not sure what errors you are talking about?

Nice one!
errors in my previous answer directed at melvin

--
Willy-Bas Loos

Look, if you dump in plain SQL, it is standard to both old and new versions of PostgreSQL. That is the recommended method to upgrade.
Yes, errors like "row_security" can/will happen, but you can edit and comment them oout or just ignore.

ALL THE SQL is the same. So CREATE, COPY, etc. will all work.
I have previously sent you the url that shows you pg_dump and pg_dump are what is needed.

But if you don't believe me, I will comment no further.

--
Melvin Davidson

Сообщение: Re: migrating data from an old postgres version
Сообщение: Re: migrating data from an old postgres version