Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.

От Shlok Kyal
Тема Re: Add publisher and subscriber to glossary documentation.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi Andrew,

> If there's a movement towards "node" to refer to the database which has the Subscription object, then perhaps the
documentationfor

> 31.2. Subscription, Chapter 31. Logical Replication should be updated as well, since it uses both the "database" and
"node"terms on the same page, and to me referring to the same thing (I could be missing a subtlety).

> See:
>

> "The subscriber database..."
>

> "A subscriber node may..."
>

> Also, the word "database" in this sentence: "A subscription defines the connection to another database" to me works,
butI think using "node" there could be more consistent if it’s referring to the server instance running the database
thatholds the PUBLICATION. The connection string information example later on the page shows "host" and "dbname"
configuredin the CONNECTION value for the SUBSCRIPTION. This sentence seems like the use of "database" in casual style
tomean the "server instance" (or "node").

> Also, the "The node where a subscription is defined". That one actually feels to me like "The database where a
subscriptionis defined", but then that contradicts what I just said, and "node" is fine here but I think "node" should
beon the preceding sentence too.

> Anyway, hopefully these examples show “node” and “database” are mixed and perhaps others agree using one consistently
mighthelp the goals of the docs.

For me the existing content looks good, I felt let's keep it as it is
unless others feel differently.

Thanks and regards,
Shlok Kyal

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Fix expecteddir argument in pg_regress
От: Heikki Linnakangas
Сообщение: Re: Can Execute commands for different portals interleave?