Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION

От Shlok Kyal
Тема Re: undetected deadlock in ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... REFRESH PUBLICATION
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

> thread. I think you can compare the timing of regression tests in
> subscription, with and without the patch to show there is no
> regression. And probably some tests with a large number of tables for
> sync with very little data.

I have tested the regression test timings for subscription with and
without patch. I also did the timing test for sync of subscription
with the publisher for 100 and 1000 tables respectively.
I have attached the test script and results of the timing test are as follows:

Time taken for test to run in Linux VM
Summary                                |  Subscription Test (sec)
|    100 tables in pub and Sub (sec)    |  1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release           |  95.564
 |     7.877                                             |   58.919
With patch Release                |  96.513
   |     6.533                                             |   45.807

Time Taken for test to run in another Linux VM
Summary                                |  Subscription Test (sec)
|    100 tables in pub and Sub (sec)    |  1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release           |  109.8145
|    6.4675                                           |    83.001
With patch Release                |  113.162
   |    7.947                                              |   87.113

Time Taken for test to run in Performance Machine Linux
Summary                                |  Subscription Test (sec)
|    100 tables in pub and Sub (sec)    |  1000 tables in pub and Sub
(sec)
Without patch Release           |  115.871
 |     6.656                                             |   81.157
With patch Release                |  115.922
   |     6.7305                                           |   81.1525

thoughts?

Thanks and Regards,
Shlok Kyal

Вложения

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: about help message for new pg_dump's --filter option
От: Paul Jungwirth
Сообщение: Re: SQL:2011 application time