Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used
Дата
Re: [NOVICE] WHERE clause not used when index is used  (Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2 March 2016 at 10:57, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 1 March 2016 at 20:03, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

In any event, I am now of the opinion that this patch needs to be reverted
outright and returned to the authors for redesign.  There are too many
things wrong with it and too little reason to think that we have to have
it in 9.5.

Agreed; I'd already got to this thought while reading the thread.

I'll get on with that.

The patch is not of great importance to us? Since we are past 9.6 deadline it seems just worth reverting and leaving for next release to come back with a more isolated optimization. I don't want to add the last CF workload with this.

Reverted patch in HEAD and 9.5

Later, I will add the tests we discovered here to index scans, so that further optimization work is more easily possible.

Thanks Tom, Petr for analysis; thanks Jeff for bisecting.