[NOVICE] backup task target

От Andrea Bonomelli
Тема [NOVICE] backup task target
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi

How do I know if my full database is being backed up?
I have a script already in place that runs a nightly backup of a database called okay_db that runs this command:
/usr/lib/postgresql/8.4/bin/pg_dump -h 10.11.7.5 --username postgres okay_db --blobs --file ' + db + ' --format=custom --verbose --no-password'

And I created a new database called okay_db2 Using the UI of another Software call DaVinci Resolve

In PGAdmin III, okay_db2 appears to be under the main database called okay_db as well. How do I know which one is getting backed up? The whole database or just one into the server database?

Sorry for the terminology not sure if I'm being clear as this is not my field of expertise
--

Andrea Bonomelli

OKAY STUDIO

+44 207 127 0764

okaystudio.co.uk / twitter facebook

This transmission is confidential and may be privileged.  It is for use by the addressee(s) only. If you are not the addressee or if this email is sent to you in error, please let us know by return to info@okaystudio.co.uk and delete the message from your system.  No contract may be concluded on behalf of Okay Studio email. Okay Studio reserves the right to monitor e-mail communication through its network.