Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}

От Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Тема Re: pgBufferUsage.blk_{read|write}_time are zero although there are pgBufferUsage.local_blks_{read|written}
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On Tue, 3 Oct 2023 at 19:44, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Given that, I'm inclined to agree that this is a bug. But we might
> need to go through and make sure all of the code that deals with these
> counters is on the same page about what the values represent. Maybe
> there is code lurking somewhere that thinks these counters are only
> supposed to include "shared" rather than, as the fragment above
> suggests, "shared/local".

Thank you for the guidance.

What do you think about the second patch, counting extend calls'
timings in blk_write_time? In my opinion if something increments
{shared|local}_blks_written, then it needs to be counted in
blk_write_time too. I am not sure why it is decided like that.

Regards,
Nazir Bilal Yavuz
Microsoft

Сообщение: RE: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] pg_upgrade: allow to upgrade publisher node