Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.

От Avinash Kumar
Тема Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 3:31 AM Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> wrote:
On Thu, 2020-05-07 at 18:17 -0300, Avinash Kumar wrote:
> > The nice thing about separate databases is that it is easy to scale
> > horizontally.
>
> Agreed. But, how about autovacuum ? Workers shift from DB to DB and 500 clusters
> means you may have to have a lot of manual vacuuming in place as well.

Just set "autovacuum_max_workers" higher.
No, that wouldn't help. If you just increase autovacuum_max_workers, the total cost limit of autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit (or vacuum_cost_limit) is shared by so many workers and it further delays autovacuum per each worker. Instead you need to increase autovacuum_vacuum_cost_limit as well when you increase the number of workers. But, if you do that and also increase workers, well, you would easily reach the limitations of the disk. I am not sure it is anywhere advised to have 20 autovacuum_max_workers unless i have a disk with lots of IOPS and with very tiny tables across all the databases.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Regards,
Avinash Vallarapu

Сообщение: Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.
Сообщение: Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.