Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.

От Avinash Kumar
Тема Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Hi,

On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 5:18 PM David G. Johnston <david.g.johnston@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, May 7, 2020 at 1:05 PM samhitha g <samhithagarudadri@gmail.com> wrote:
Our application serves multiple tenants. Each tenant has the schema with a few hundreds of tables and few functions.
We have 2000 clients so we have to create 2000 schemas in a single database.

That is one option but I wouldn't say you must.  If you cannot get individual tables to be multi-tenant you are probably better off having one database per client on a shared cluster - at least given the size of the schema and number of clients.
I am working on a similar problem.
1 database per each client may be a killer when you have a connection pooler that creates a pool for a unique combination of (user,database).

David J.

--
Regards,
Avinash Vallarapu

Сообщение: Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.
Сообщение: Re: pg_attribute, pg_class, pg_depend grow huge in count and sizewith multiple tenants.