Re: SQL JSON path enhanced numeric literals

От Nikita Malakhov
Тема Re: SQL JSON path enhanced numeric literals
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Sorry to bother, but there is a question on JsonPath - how many bits in the JsonPath
header could be used for the version? The JsonPath header is 4 bytes, and currently
the Version part is defined as
#define JSONPATH_VERSION (0x01)

Thanks!

On Sun, Mar 5, 2023 at 6:55 PM Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
On 03.03.23 21:16, Dean Rasheed wrote:
> I think this new feature ought to be mentioned in the docs somewhere.
> Perhaps a sentence or two in the note below table 9.49 would suffice,
> since it looks like that's where jsonpath numbers are mentioned for
> the first time.

Done.  I actually put it into the data types chapter, where some other
differences between SQL and SQL/JSON syntax were already discussed.

> In jsonpath_scan.l, I think the hex/oct/bininteger cases could do with
> a comment, such as
>
> /* Non-decimal integers in ECMAScript; must not have underscore after radix */
> hexinteger    0[xX]{hexdigit}(_?{hexdigit})*
> octinteger    0[oO]{octdigit}(_?{octdigit})*
> bininteger    0[bB]{bindigit}(_?{bindigit})*
>
> since that's different from the main lexer's syntax.

done

> Perhaps it's worth mentioning that difference in the docs.

done

> Otherwise, this looks good to me.

committed

--