Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior

От Nikita Malakhov
Тема Re: Inconsistency in vacuum behavior
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi!

Yes, I've checked that. What would be desirable behavior in the case above?
Anyway, waiting for table unlock seems to be not quite right.

On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 4:12 AM Nathan Bossart <nathandbossart@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 11:18:08AM +0300, Alexander Pyhalov wrote:
> Is it intended? Why don't we perform vacuum_is_permitted_for_relation()
> check for inheritors in expand_vacuum_rel()?

Since no lock is held on the partition, the calls to functions like
object_ownercheck() and pg_class_aclcheck() in
vacuum_is_permitted_for_relation() will produce cache lookup ERRORs if the
relation is concurrently dropped.

--
Nathan Bossart

Regards,