Re: Installation 8.4 > 9.1

От James David Smith
Тема Re: Installation 8.4 > 9.1
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Dear Kevin,

Just to say thanks and that I've sorted this now. I ended up backing
up all my databases, totally uninstalling anything to do with
PostgreSQL or PostGIS, and then reinstalling. I then restored my
databases. Everything seems to be working fine now.

James

On 1 February 2013 13:54, Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:
> James David Smith <james.david.smith@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Kevin Grittner <kgrittn@ymail.com> wrote:

>>> It's going to be hard for anyone to make any concrete suggetions
>>> without more detail about the exact steps you took to get into your
>>> current predicament.
>>
>> I've had 8.4 installed for a year or so. Then
>> about six months ago, maybe longer, I downloaded the 9.1 binary and
>> installed it. I thought it would overwrite the 8.4, but instead if
>> seemed to install alongside it. I didn't think that this was a
>> problem, and indeed I thought that I was using version 9 until today
>> when I did SELECT VERSION () and found out that I wasn't.  It might
>> have been longer before I spotted but I was trying to use one of the
>> new functions in 9.1 and it didn't work - hence checking my version.
>
> So it sounds like you haven't actually created anything in the 9.1
> cluster yet?  If that is true, I owuld configure the 9.1 cluster to
> use a different port.  It also needs to have a different data
> directory, but if it is startign up OK when there is no port
> collision, that must already be covered.  I would start both, and
> run pg_dumpall (from the bin directory for 9.1) to dump the 8.4
> cluster and pipe the output to the 9.1 server.
>
> -Kevin

Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1
Сообщение: Re: [NOVICE] Problems with ñ and tildes / CSV import problems in PostgreSQL 9.1