Re: Translations contributions urgently needed

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Translations contributions urgently needed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23 February 2018 at 08:51, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
> I also noticed the same thing few days ago, by the fact that RPM
> release of PG10 doesn't contain psql translation.
>
> @10 >  ja       | pg_basebackup,pg_resetxlog,plpython,pltcl,postgres,psql
> @9.4>  ja       | pg_basebackup,pg_resetxlog
>
> I'm not sure how the translations are maintained but I think I can help.
> Ishii-san, Thom, may I take some (or all?) of the files?

I'm not working on message translations.  Hotta-san is actively
working on the translations here:

https://github.com/hotta/pg-nls-ja

I was wondering a bit about how translations are maintained. Experience with another highly internationalised project years ago showed that many people who are willing to volunteer as translators are NOT willing to interact with git (or at the time, svn) and the other tools many of us take for granted.

Can more be gained with user-friendly, probably web-based, translation tools to make translation updating more accessible?