Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 10 March 2016 at 05:30, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
Craig Ringer wrote:

> 004 allows filtering on RecursiveCopy by a predicate function. Needed for
> filesystem level backups (007). It could probably be squashed with 007 if
> desired.

I pushed this after some tinkering:

* filtering applies to all directory entries, not just files.  So you
can filter a subdirectory, for example.  If you have symlinks (which you
know this module will bomb out on) you can skip them too.

* The filter sub receives the path relative to the initial source dir,
rather than the absolute path.  That part was just making it difficult
to use; in your POD example you were testing /pg_log/ as a regex, which
skipped the *files* but not the directory itself.

That was actually intentional, but I agree that your change is better.

Thanks for pushing.