Re: ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: ToDo: API for SQL statement execution other than SPI
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 29 June 2016 at 13:55, Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I am writing two background workers - autoreindex and scheduler. In Both I need to execute queries from top level. I had to wrote redundant code   https://github.com/okbob/autoreindex/blob/master/utils.c autoreindex_execute_sql_command .Same code is in pglogical. Some statements - like VACUUM or REINDEX CONCURRENTLY is not possible call from SPI.

Can be nice to have this function in core.

I strongly agree. In particular, something that can clean up and recover from ERRORs. Right now you have to borrow a bunch of PostgresMain.