Re: ssl connection issues

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: ssl connection issues
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc

On 14 September 2018 at 18:20, Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> wrote:

On Thu, 13 Sep 2018 at 11:10, Craig Ringer <craig@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On 13 September 2018 at 20:23, Gabriele Bulfon <gbulfon@sonicle.com> wrote:
Hello,

I recently configured Postgresql 9.0.9 with SSL only "on" and all its needed server certificates.
I then created the client certificates and started working with them from a windows client.

At first I used them with tools like Navicat, just specified the 3 certs files (key,crt and root.crt) in the ssl pane, worked fine.

Then I tried with ODBC, placed the files in %APPDATA%/postgresql with correct names (postgresql.key, postgresql.crt, root.crt), created the connection and tested it, worked fine.

Last I tried with jdbc, thinking it would have been so easy: I'm fighting for 2 days with lots of different issues.
After some messing, I also finally discovered that, different from odbc, it would look for a pk8 file (why this difference?).

AFAIK it's largely historical, and due to now-lifted limitations in JSSE.

You should probably use sslfactory=org.postgresql.ssl.LibPQFactory and possibly specify explicit paths for the sslcert and sslkey parameters.

This seems to be undocumented, unfortunately.

the default is LibPQFactory and it is fairly well documented.

Nope, apparently the only problem is my reading ability. Sorry.

That does make me wonder why Gabriele is having this issue though.