Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: TAP / recovery-test fs-level backups, psql enhancements etc
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 4 March 2016 at 05:08, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

Okay, so far I have pushed 0001 and 0002 squashed (commit 5bec1ad4648),
0003 (commit 7d9a4301c08), 0005 and 0006 squashed (commit 2c83f435a3de).
In the last one I chose to rename your psql_check to safe_psql and
tweaked a few other things, not worthy of individual mention.

I've just noticed that I failed to initialized $$timed_out to zero in PostgresNode::psql if a ref is passed for it.

Fix attached.

The tests are proving useful already; I've shown that timeline following works great with a filesystem-level copy, but that there are WAL retention issues (unsurprisingly) when the backup is created without slots then the slot state is synced over by an external client.