Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups

От Craig Ringer
Тема Re: Updated backup APIs for non-exclusive backups
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 23 March 2016 at 00:14, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

Doing it in the backup label file is obviously a different target, where we might need to consider backwards compatibility, Should we?

As part of the failover slots a few folks at 2ndQ looked into whether tools would get upset by the addition of new label file entries. Everything we found used regexps to find what they wanted and didn't care in the slightest about new lines. So I wouldn't worry too much.