Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'

От Isaac Morland
Тема Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'
Дата
Re: COPY table_name (single_column) FROM 'iso-8859-1.txt' DELIMITER E'\n'  ("Joel Jacobson" <joel@compiler.org>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 5 May 2021 at 13:23, Chapman Flack <chap@anastigmatix.net> wrote:
On 05/05/21 13:02, David G. Johnston wrote:
> Why not just allow: "DELIMITER NONE" to be valid syntax meaning exactly
> what it says and does exactly what you desire?

What would it mean? That you get one column, multiple rows of text
corresponding to "lines" delimited by something, or that you get one
column, one row of text for the entire content of the file?

It means no column delimiter. In other words, there is no character which marks the end of a data value, so the entire line is a single data value.

Would DELIMITER NULL make sense? The existing values are literal strings so NULL fits with that. Do we already have NONE as a keyword somewhere? It's listed in the keyword appendix to the documentation but I can't think of where it is used off the top of my head.

Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs
Сообщение: Re: MaxOffsetNumber for Table AMs