Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION fails with long passwords

От Mike Lissner
Тема Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION fails with long passwords
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
---one month passes---

Just to close this loop, because I like things closed. I wasn't able to reproduce this in the end. I'll keep trying, but seems like I must have mis-diagnosed the issue, I think.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help here. This kind of help and support is so wonderful and valuable.

Mike

On Thu, Apr 25, 2019 at 6:59 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Paul Mansueto Namuag <paulnamuag@gmail.com> writes:
> Possibly the password might have non-ascii or something causing it to
> unmatched but when stripped off, that non-ascii wasn't included.

Oh --- another variant of that theory, if there's any non-ASCII in the
password, is that you're getting bit by an encoding conversion issue.
That is, whatever the client is sending is in a different encoding
from the way the password was stored.