Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Draft release notes for next week's releases
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 26, 2016 at 4:34 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I've prepared a first cut at next week's release notes:
>
> http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=29b6123ecb4113e366325245cec5a5c221dae691
>
> (As usual, I will make the notes for older branches by extracting
> relevant items from this list, after it's been reviewed.)  Please
> review.  If you prefer to read it on the web, it should be up at
>
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-9-5-2.html
>
> in an hour or so, after guaibasaurus's next buildfarm run.
>
> Probably the most discussion-worthy item is whether we can say
> anything more about the strxfrm mess.  Should we make a wiki
> page about that and have the release note item link to it?
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Sorry for speaking up late, but:

+    <listitem>
+     <para>
+      Correctly handle wraparound cases in the <literal>pg_subtrans</>
+      startup logic for hot standby (Jeff Janes)
+     </para>
+    </listitem>

This applies to all recovery scenarios, whether they are hot standby
or just plain-old automatic crash recovery.  (However, it does only
matter when prepared transactions are in use.)

Cheers,

Jeff