Re: cluster on conditional index?

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: cluster on conditional index?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 8:27 AM, Doug Hunley <doug.hunley@gmail.com> wrote:
> According to the docs on cluster:
> if you tend to access some data more than others, and there is an
> index that groups them together, you will benefit from using CLUSTER
>
> however, this doesn't address the situation where you have a
> conditional index.

It seems like it is not allowed.

jjanes=# create index on pgbench_accounts (aid) where bid=33;
jjanes=# cluster pgbench_accounts USING pgbench_accounts_aid_idx ;
ERROR:  cannot cluster on partial index "pgbench_accounts_aid_idx"

But I don't see a fundamental reason it can't be allowed, maybe
implementing that should be on the to-do list.

Cheers,

Jeff