Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: Idle In Transaction Session Timeout, revived
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 16, 2016 at 8:32 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Committed with slight changes to the docs, and I added a flag variable
> instead of relying on IdleInTransactionSessionTimeout not changing at
> an inopportune time.

Thanks for committing, this should be a useful feature.

I get a pretty strange error message:

jjanes=# set idle_in_transaction_session_timeout = "1s";
jjanes=# begin;
-- wait for more than 1 second.
jjanes=# select count(*) from pgbench_accounts;
FATAL:  terminating connection due to idle-in-transaction timeout
server closed the connection unexpectedly       This probably means the server terminated abnormally       before or
whileprocessing the request.

The connection to the server was lost. Attempting reset: Succeeded.

First it tells me exactly why the connection was killed, then it tells
me it doesn't know why the connection was killed and probably the
server has crashed.

I can't find the spot in the code where the FATAL message is getting
printed.  I suppose it will not be easy to pass a
"dont_plead_ignorance" flag over to the part that prints the follow-up
message?