Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.

От Jeff Janes
Тема Re: WIP: Covering + unique indexes.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 4:53 AM, Anastasia Lubennikova
<a.lubennikova@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
> Finally, completed patch "covering_unique_3.0.patch" is here.
> It includes the functionality discussed above in the thread, regression
> tests and docs update.
> I think it's quite ready for review.

Thanks for the patch.

I get a compiler warning when building it on gcc (SUSE Linux) 4.8.1
20130909 [gcc-4_8-branch revision 202388]:

nbtinsert.c: In function '_bt_check_unique':
nbtinsert.c:256:2: warning: ISO C90 forbids mixed declarations and
code [-Wdeclaration-after-statement] SnapshotData SnapshotDirty; ^

And the dblink contrib module fails its make check.

I'm trying to find a good test case for it.  Unfortunately in most of
my natural use cases, the inclusion of the extra column causes the
updates to become non-HOT, which causes more problems than it solves.

Cheers,

Jeff