Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method

От Jorge Arevalo
Тема Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method
Дата
Re: Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Connecting with PostgreSQL 9.1 using the Ubuntu machine user and peer authentication method  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hello,

I want to connect to my local installation of PostgreSQL 9.1 using my machine user (who is vagrant). So, after reading PostgreSQL documentation, I thought I just needed to:

1. Add username map in pg_ident.conf:

# MAPNAME       SYSTEM-USERNAME         PG-USERNAME

vp                       vagrant                                postgres

2. Using the map in pg_hba.conf

# TYPE  DATABASE        USER            ADDRESS                 METHOD

local       all                      all                                                   peer map=vp

But I'm getting the error

sql: FATAL:  Peer authentication failed for user "vagrant"

If I try to connect to my server using psql.

I guess I'm misunderstanding the PostgreSQL manual. But, how could I get what I need? (locally connect with the user vagrant like if it was the postgres user)

Many thanks in advance (and sorry for the cross-posting. I asked this in serverfault too, but I think this is the right place)

--
Jorge Arevalo

http://about.me/jorgeas80