Re: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var
Дата
Re: A wrong comment about search_indexed_tlist_for_var  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers

On Sat, Dec 2, 2023 at 2:27 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2023-Dec-01, Richard Guo wrote:
>> However, this cross-check will also be performed in non-debug builds
>> ever since commit 867be9c07, which converts this check from Asserts to
>> test-and-elog.  The commit message there also says:
>> Committed separately with the idea that eventually we'll revert
>> this.  It might be awhile though.
>> I wonder if now is the time to revert it, since there have been no
>> related bugs reported for quite a while.

> I don't know anything about this, but maybe it would be better to let
> these elogs there for longer, so that users have time to upgrade and
> test.

Yeah.  It's good that we've not had field reports against 16.0 or 16.1,
but we can't really expect that 16.x has seen widespread adoption yet.
I do think we should revert this eventually, but I'd wait perhaps
another year.

Then here is a trivial patch to adjust the comment, which should get
reverted along with 867be9c07.

Thanks
Richard
Вложения