Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3

От Richard Guo
Тема Re: BUG #18170: Unexpected error: no relation entry for relid 3
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

On Mon, Oct 30, 2023 at 10:47 AM Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
On 30/10/2023 09:24, Richard Guo wrote:
> I also have some concerns about this patch.  It requires that
> root->parse remains unchanged during the whole subquery_planner() in
> order to work, which is an implicit constraint we did not have before.

It is not about unchanged; it is about referencing the same query at the
parent and child query blocks. Am I missing something?

Yeah, that's what I meant.  We need to ensure that root->parse
references the same Query structure during the whole subquery_planner()
for this patch to work, which seems hacky, and error-prone for future
development.  If we really want to do so, at least we need to emphasize
this point in the comment of subquery_planner().

Thanks
Richard