Re: incremental-checkopints

От Hannu Krosing
Тема Re: incremental-checkopints
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Starting from increments checkpoint is approaching the problem from
the wrong end.

What you actually want is Atomic Disk Writes which will allow turning
off full_page_writes .

Without this you really can not do incremental checkpoints efficiently
as checkpoints are currently what is used to determine when is "the
first write to a page after checkpoint" and thereby when the full page
write is needed.