Re: problem with on conflict / do update using psql 14.4

От Barry Kimelman
Тема Re: problem with on conflict / do update using psql 14.4
Дата
Re: problem with on conflict / do update using psql 14.4  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
Список pgsql-general

On Sat, Sep 24, 2022 at 10:56 AM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Sep 24, 2022, at 08:49, Barry Kimelman <blkimelman@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought the whole point of ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE was so that you could modify the data so that it would be inserted

ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE allows you to modify the existing row that conflicted with the row being inserted, but it won't allow you to do change a row to resolve a conflict, and then insert it.

Unfortunately, that is exactly what I need to do, I need to modify the data on the 2nd request so that it also gets inserted.
This is a business requirement. I need to insert all of the data, including the ones with conflicts

Сообщение: Re: problem with on conflict / do update using psql 14.4
Сообщение: Re: problem with on conflict / do update using psql 14.4