Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Mon, Aug 7, 2023 at 4:47 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,
On Mon, 7 Aug 2023 at 11:01, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Sahil,
I would suggest changing the behaviour in StreamingChart so that it can be used at other places. If you want to reverse it then you can still do it. I had achieved reverse direction with the following piece of code. Basically, creating an array of 75 points, filling it with available points and reverse. You can change it based on reverse=true flag. In your case, simply reverse, not need of 75 points.
Array.from(new Array(xRange).keys()),
...(data.datasets?.map((d)=>{
let ret = [...d.data];
ret.reverse();
return ret;
})??{}),

I'm a little confused here. So, the code snippet above is exactly what's used to initialize the data currently.

The expected behavior is that the graph should start from the right side only. However, currently, when the page loads, for a few seconds, the graphs are visible on the left side and then shift to the right.

I think we can skip the reverse if we make changes in the statsReducer method.
action.counter ?  action.incoming[label] - action.counterData[label] : action.incoming[label],
        ...state[label].slice(0, X_AXIS_LENGTH-1),

Here, we are adding new data to the beginning and selecting the first X_AXIS_LENGTH-1 datapoints from the previous state. However, an alternative approach would be to initially take the X_AXIS_LENGTH-1 elements from the end of the array, then add a new element to the end. This would eliminate the need to reverse the array.

I believe this reversal isn't causing any issues, but something might be occurring during graph plotting. Reversing just ensures that the most recent data point remains on the right within the stream.
OK I thought you wanted the graph to go from left to right.  Yeah, I have seen that glitch a few times (but rare). I think you can ignore it for now, we can look into it once we get time. It is not a priority.
The reason data reversing and stuff is maintained in StreaminChart is - Pass the data points and StreamingChart will appear from right to left. Don't want the source to take efforts to reverse and fill.

Thank you,
Sahil

--
Thanks,