Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design

От Aditya Toshniwal
Тема Re: Pgadmin4 System Stats Extension Design
Дата
Список pgadmin-hackers

On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 12:15 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,

On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 at 12:06, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Sahil,

On Fri, Aug 25, 2023 at 12:02 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Aditya,
On Fri, 25 Aug 2023 at 11:29, Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi Sahil,
On Thu, Aug 24, 2023 at 8:07 PM Sahil Harpal <sahilharpal1234@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,
Can we include total space stats (left pie chart) in the same bar chart? or would it be better if we keep it separate?
image.png
How do you propose to merge both? I would also suggest using a stacked bar chart on the right. And format from bytes to MBs.

Currently, I have implemented like this:
image.png
So, I was thinking of adding one more column for total space for each disk.
Regarding the stacked bar chart, we will need to increase the height of the default chart container; otherwise, the proportion of different categories won't be clearly visible in some cases.
And I believe that if we use a stacked bar chart, there won't be a need to provide total space details, as the height of that stacked bar will be nothing but the total space, right?
I don't think we'll need to increase the height though. Even if you use stacks, they will show total for each drive and not total available space.

Ahh yes, users won't be able to see the absolute total value. So should I change it to a stacked bar with 3 categories then?
I would suggest keeping the pie chart and making the stacks of used and unused. If possible please keep the pie chart colors different from bar chart.

--
Thanks,
Aditya Toshniwal