Re: Please correct/improve wiki page about abbreviated keys bug

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Please correct/improve wiki page about abbreviated keys bug
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 6:23 PM, Josh berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Based on that concept, I wrote a query which is now on the wiki page.
> Please fix it if it's not showing what we want it to show.

Sorry, I got caught up with something last night. I did this this
morning Pacific time.

I've made a number of passes over this. I've listed more non-affected
cases, since there are a number of non-obvious cases that are not at
risk, and fixed-up the SQL query, which didn't seem to be doing the
right thing about default collations or domains. I also made it
explicit that non-leading column indexes are not affected (although
that's just mentioned in passing when discussing the SQL query, as
it's a bit esoteric).

--
Peter Geoghegan