Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V18

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: checkpointer continuous flushing - V18
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 12, 2016 at 5:21 PM, Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would the wiki be a good place for such tips?  Not as formal as the
> documentation, and more centralized (and editable) than a collection
> of blog posts.

That general direction makes sense, but I'm not sure if the Wiki is
something that this will work for. I fear that it could become
something like the TODO list page: a page that contains theoretically
accurate information, but isn't very helpful. The TODO list needs to
be heavily pruned, but that seems like something that will never
happen.

A centralized location for performance tips will probably only work
well if there are still high standards that are actively enforced.
There still needs to be tight editorial control.

--
Peter Geoghegan