Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: amcheck (B-Tree integrity checking tool)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 22, 2016 at 10:57 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> That's right - I have a small number of feedback items to work
> through. I also determined myself that there could be a very low
> probability race condition when checking the key space across sibling
> pages, and will work to address that. If I'm right about that then
> it's not a lot of work to fix; I'm probably just going to use the
> right page's high key rather than its first data item.

I also want to use amcheck to test sorting, especially external
sorting which is currently totally untested. It would be nice to see
testing of strxfrm() on the buildfarm, too -- amcheck provides a nice
way to make sure strxfrm() and strcoll() are in agreement for at least
those cases that are tested, without having to worry about portability
in the same way as a simple pg_regress approach would require.

Note that there are reportedly systems in mainstream use where
strxfrm() is broken; it doesn't agree with strcoll().

--
Peter Geoghegan