Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)
Дата
Re: B-Tree support function number 3 (strxfrm() optimization)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 11:25 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> OK, I'll draft a patch for that today, including similar alterations
> to varstr_cmp() for the benefit of Windows and so on.

I attach a much simpler patch, that only adds an opportunistic
"memcmp() == 0" before a possible strcoll().  Both
bttextfastcmp_locale() and varstr_cmp() have the optimization added,
since there is no point in leaving anyone out for this part.

When this is committed, and I hear back from you on the question of
what to do about having an independent sortsupport state for
abbreviated tie-breakers (and possibly other issues of concern), I'll
produce a rebased patch with a single commit.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Вложения