Re: pg_dump save command in output

От Joao Miguel Ferreira
Тема Re: pg_dump save command in output
Дата
Re: pg_dump save command in output
Список pgsql-general

On Sun, Oct 3, 2021 at 6:03 PM Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com> wrote:
On 10/3/21 9:56 AM, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> is there a way to ask pg_dump to save a comment in the output file with
> the full command it is executing ?

No.

What information is the comment trying to convey?

I just wanted to save the command inside the SQL file to be able to "remember" it later. ideally I would open the file on some text editor and see the original pg_dump command on the few first lines, as a comment

-- original command was: psql -h some_host -p .....

Are you dumping in plain or custom format?

plain (SQL)

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Сообщение: Re: pg_dump save command in output
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump save command in output