Re: Hyderabad, India PUG

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Hyderabad, India PUG
Дата
Список pgsql-advocacy
On Wed, Mar 22, 2023 at 7:19 PM Jonathan S. Katz <jkatz@postgresql.org> wrote:

> On 3/22/23 8:56 AM, Hari P Kiran wrote:
> > Hello Team - We'd like to create a PostgreSQL User Group in Hyderabad,
> > India.
> >
> > We've sent an email to usergroups@postgresql.org
> > <mailto:usergroups@postgresql.org> and confirmed the group isn't
> > available/active.
> >
> > We'll be using the Meetup platform for all the User group interactions.
> > Additionally, we've also created a LinkedIn Group, following are the
> > weblinks:
> >
> > Meetup: https://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-postgresql-user-group/
> > <https://www.meetup.com/hyderabad-postgresql-user-group/>
> > LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14216001/
> > <https://www.linkedin.com/groups/14216001/>
> >
> > Please let us know if you have any questions around this.
>
> Congrats on getting started! I've added this user group to the user
> groups webpage[1].
>
> [1] https://www.postgresql.org/community/user-groups/

Hi,

We are happy to share that we successfully completed our first
Hyderabad PostgreSQL User Group meetup on 5th May. 35+ participants, 4
hours with 4 40min duration talks and 3 lightning talks, lots of
discussions around postgres and networking of course.

We are now thinking of having an official email domain (like
hyderabadpug@postgresql.org) similar to some of the PUGs
torontopug@postgresql.org, pgsql-fr-generale@postgresql.org,
seapug@postgresql.org, seasiapug@postgresql.org and so on. Is it
something we can go ahead and register ourselves or will there be any
support from Postgres Global Development Group? Appreciate any help.

--
Regards,
Organizing Committee,