Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation
Дата
Ответ на Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: Logical Replication - improve error message while adding tables to the publication in check_publication_add_relation  (vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, May 26, 2021 at 7:38 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Attaching v5 patch, please have a look.
>
> We get the following error while adding an index:
> create publication mypub for table idx_t1;
> ERROR:  "idx_t1" is an index
>
> This error occurs internally from table_openrv function call, if we
> could replace this with relation_openrv and then check the table kind,
> we could throw a similar error message here too like the other changes
> in the patch.

Do you say that we replace table_open in publication_add_relation with
relation_open and have the "\"%s\" is an index" or "\"%s\" is a
composite type" checks in check_publication_add_relation? If that is
so, I don't think it's a good idea to have the extra code in
check_publication_add_relation and I would like it to be the way it is
currently.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.