Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)
Дата
Ответ на Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Ответы Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com>)
Re: add log messages when replication slots become active and inactive (was Re: Is it worth adding ReplicationSlot active_pid to ReplicationSlotPersistentData?)  (Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Nov 2, 2023 at 7:19 AM Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> But that's not quite compatible with what Alvaro [2] had written long
> back ("... the only acquisitions that would log messages are those in
> StartReplication and StartLogicalReplication.").
>
> In other words, ReplicationSlotAcquire/ReplicationSlotRelease is
> called by more places than you care to log from.

I refreshed my thoughts for this patch and I think it's enough if
walsenders alone log messages when slots become active and inactive.
How about something like the attached v11 patch?

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: Improve WALRead() to suck data directly from WAL buffers when possible
Сообщение: Re: Improve WALRead() to suck data directly from WAL buffers when possible