Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 23, 2024 at 2:34 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > How about adding the test in 019_replslot_limit? It is not a direct
> > > fit but I feel later we can even add 'invalid_timeout' related tests
> > > in this file which will use last_inactive_time feature.
> >
> > I'm thinking the other way. Now, the new TAP file 043_replslot_misc.pl
> > can have last_inactive_time tests, and later invalid_timeout ones too.
> > This way 019_replslot_limit.pl is not cluttered.
>
> I share the same opinion as Amit: I think 019_replslot_limit would be a better
> place, because I see the timeout as another kind of limit.

Hm. Done that way.

Please see the attached v17 patch.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения

От: Alexander Korotkov
Сообщение: Re: POC: Lock updated tuples in tuple_update() and tuple_delete()