Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Support to define custom wait events for extensions
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 19, 2023 at 11:49 AM Masahiro Ikeda
<ikedamsh@oss.nttdata.com> wrote:

> I updated the patch since the cfbot found a bug.
> * v7-0001-Support-custom-wait-events-for-extensions.patch

Thanks for working on this feature. +1. I've wanted this capability
for a while because extensions have many different wait loops for
different reasons, a single wait event type isn't enough.

I think we don't need a separate test extension for demonstrating use
of custom wait events, you can leverage the sample extension
worker_spi because that's where extension authors look for while
writing a new extension. Also, it simplifies your patch a lot. I don't
mind adding a few things to worker_spi for the sake of demonstrating
the use and testing for custom wait events.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team