Use WALReadFromBuffers in more places

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Use WALReadFromBuffers in more places
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Commit 91f2cae7a4e that introduced WALReadFromBuffers only used it for
physical walsenders. It can also be used in more places benefitting
logical walsenders, backends running pg_walinspect and logical
decoding functions if the WAL is available in WAL buffers. I'm
attaching a 0001 patch for this.

While at it, I've also added a test module in 0002 patch to
demonstrate 2 things: 1) how the caller can ensure the requested WAL
is fully copied to WAL buffers using WaitXLogInsertionsToFinish before
reading from WAL buffers. 2) how one can implement an xlogreader
page_read callback to read unflushed/not-yet-flushed WAL directly from
WAL buffers. FWIW, a separate test module to explicitly test the new
function is suggested here -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAFiTN-sE7CJn-ZFj%2B-0Wv6TNytv_fp4n%2BeCszspxJ3mt77t5ig%40mail.gmail.com.

Please have a look at the attached patches.

I will register this for the next commit fest.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Вложения