Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Mar 21, 2024 at 3:20 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> > My concern was that we set catalog_xmin at logical slot creation time. So if we
> > set last_inactive_at to zero at creation time and the slot is not used for a long
> > period of time > timeout, then I think it's not helping there.
>
> But, we do call ReplicationSlotRelease() after slot creation. For
> example, see CreateReplicationSlot(). So wouldn't that take care of
> the case you are worried about?

Right. That's true even for pg_create_physical_replication_slot and
pg_create_logical_replication_slot. AFAICS, setting it to the current
timestamp in ReplicationSlotRelease suffices unless I'm missing
something.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team