Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Introduce XID age and inactive timeout based replication slot invalidation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 22, 2024 at 1:44 PM Bertrand Drouvot
<bertranddrouvot.pg@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Does that make sense to you to use "conflict" as value in "invalidation_reason"
> > > when the slot has "conflict_reason" not NULL?
> >
> > I'm thinking the other way around - how about we revert
> > https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=commitdiff;h=007693f2a3ac2ac19affcb03ad43cdb36ccff5b5,
> > that is, put in place "conflict" as a boolean and introduce
> > invalidation_reason the text form. So, for logical slots, whenever the
> > "conflict" column is true, the reason is found in invaldiation_reason
> > column? How does it sound?
>
> Yeah, I think that looks fine too. We would need more change (like take care of
> ddd5f4f54a for example).
>
> CC'ing Amit, Hou-San and Shveta to get their point of view (as the ones behind
> 007693f2a3 and ddd5f4f54a).

Yeah, let's wait for what others think about it.

FWIW, I've had to rebase the patches due to 943f7ae1c. Please see the
attached v6 patch set.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team