Re: Fix a typo in pg_rotate_logfile

От Bharath Rupireddy
Тема Re: Fix a typo in pg_rotate_logfile
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 2:29 AM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> On that note though, we might want to consider just dropping it altogether in
> v17 (while fixing the incorrect hint in backbranches)?  I can't imagine
> adminpack 1.0 being in heavy use today, and skimming pgAdmin code it seems it's
> only used in pgAdmin3 and not 4. Maybe it's time to simply drop old code?

https://codesearch.debian.net/search?q=pg_logfile_rotate&literal=1
shows no users for it though. There's pgadmin3 using it
https://github.com/search?q=repo%3Apgadmin-org%2Fpgadmin3%20pg_logfile_rotate&type=code,
however the repo is archived. Surprisingly, core has to maintain the
old code needed for adminpack 1.0 - pg_rotate_logfile_old SQL function
and pg_rotate_logfile function in signalfuncs.c. These things could
have been moved to adminpack.c back then and pointed CREATE FUNCTION
pg_catalog.pg_logfile_rotate() to use it from adminpack.c. If we
decide to remove adminpack 1.0 version completely, the 1.0 functions
pg_file_read, pg_file_length and pg_logfile_rotate will also go away
making adminpack code simpler.

Having said that, it's good to hear from others, preferably from
pgadmin developers - added Dave Page (dpage@pgadmin.org) in here for
inputs.

--
Bharath Rupireddy